Saturday, January 6, 2018

Week 15: Replacing the water main

The trench is dug.  85ft from outside of the house to outside of the garage. 


About 50 feet was done with an excavator, the rest was done by hand.  

The water main exits from below the garage, so we had to do some tunneling:


We ran 100 feet of 1”copper pipe for the new water main ($600 for a roll of k-soft).


On Sunday I removed some of the old steel pipe and redid the connection between the well and the main in cooper ($100 in fittings and hard copper pipe).  I did a poor solderjob on a couple joints. Hopefully it holds. We won’t  know until the plumbing is finished and the water is turned back on. 


And the running total keeps going up. 

Running total for renovation: $37,550


1 comment:

  1. Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.Mcmurray plumbing

    ReplyDelete