Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Week 9: Patio Cover 

Thanksgiving week. Two months in and I’m wondering where the time has gone.  And how did we already spend $13K and yet the house looks like nothing more then a demoed shell?


The plan was to spend the long weekend installing the windows, but the weather did not cooperate.  My dad and I prepped the opening for one window before moving on to other projects.


We decided to make the bedroom windows taller. this created a lot of extra work, but I can already tell it will be a big improvement:
The roof is scheduled to be replaced next week and the patio cover (which currently sits on the roof) needs to be separated and cut back from the roof deck.  Randy and I put up some new supports for the patio cover (~$150 in pressure treated lumber) on Saturday afternoon:
Another dumpster ($300) for the old windows and insulation was filled.  While we had the dumpster, we cut up and removed the three rolls of carpet that Justin had unearthed from the 'burn pile' the week before.





With the 20yrd dumpster full we have now removed 50yrds worth of debris (not including the four layers of roofing the roofers are removing and hauling away)...and we’re not done.
Also this week:
2x more asbestos samples for exterior siding and vapor barrier ($100).  Both samples tested negative.  Great news!  Paying for abatement of the siding would be a large expense.


Running total for renovation: $13,250

No comments:

Post a Comment